Although these tales share similar motifs and plot structures their individual characters and settings are quite unique. The oldest tale is “The Timid Hare and the Flight of the Beasts” which has some interesting religious undertones, but the tale most prevalent in pop-culture is “Chicken Little”.
Click on the following links or use the menu to read each tale. For a short summary of each, check out the section on comparing the tales.
- The Timid Hare and the Flight of the Beasts
- The Rumor
- Brother Rabbit Takes Some Exercise
- The Cock and Hen That Went to Dovrefjell
- Henny Penny and her Fellow Travelers
- Chicken Little (a politically correct version)
- Chicken Little Goes Too Far